Thursday, July 10, 2014

Embracing Orthopathos

As I walked back and forth through my house today, baby in arms, trying desperately to figure out my purpose and what I have to offer you - my readers- the Holy spirit directed me so sensibly to the scripture I had written on our chalkboard! If I can offer you anything by reading my posts, it is my hope that you can see how functionally apart of my everyday life Jesus is. I hand over everything to Him. And His Holy Spirit, which is his gift to us, responds so strongly. Here I place examples written in blog posts to show you our heavenly based perspective on earthly situations! 
The meaning of Orthopathos lived out. One writer expresses the meaning as "feeling the feelings of Jesus" another as "righteous passion" or " right affection" 
So I was asking myself, how do I explain this? That this idea is more than just and idea or word definition but a way of living! What scriptures back my geeky desire to put a name to myself branding Jesus all over my intentions as a blogger!? And there it was, right on my chalkboard where hours earlier I had scribbled out a verse to think about throughout the day. 
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." -Phillippians 4:8

So there is my start! Seed these things deep in your soul to think upon, feel really what is true, just, lovely, worthy of praise!
Transform your thoughts from earthly to heavenly, understanding how God feels.
Orthopathos


No comments:

Post a Comment