Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What matters most

When I open my eyes in the morning to the light of the day shining through my window, I am awakened to my affections for God. I feel more than anything a sense of thankfulness that surpasses all the worries of the day, of the week, of the upcoming year. The holy spirit makes me keen to know that regardless of circumstances  somethings just aren't as important as others. Soul saving is top priority. Loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our enemy, and showing them what Jesus' presence brings is what the spirit starts talking to me about. I hope this makes sense, I connect my spirit to the spirit of God and let him do the talking. He gives the inspiration of what to do, when to do it, and in my obedience to his word, to Him, I start my day following through with His plan, not mine! For example; this morning I was directed toward a few things, one being this blog. Sitting down today I knew only that I wanted to write out words he first spoke to me. So this post is entirely written with absolutely no forethought. Let the spirit flow!
Then in between fingers tappin on keys and snoozing kids I check my scripture of the day.
...guess what...
it lines up with exactly His point for my post!!

Luke 6:27-36
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

So I can take comfort that what I'm hearing in the spirit is truth and He just confirmed it when I checked out a scripture, his word! Thanks Jesus! You always back me up!! Now for the rest of the day I will be alerted to situations where I can be the most loving. 
Most importantly
 Orthopathos
feel the feelings of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment